Thursday, April 17, 2014

Tag | The Beauty Blogger

No, my blog isn't mainly beauty-related, but I am building up a decent amount of beauty posts along with my food/recipe ones!

I found this tag on www.beautybroadcast.net, a well known and awesome beauty blogger. Since I think it's important to get to know your bloggers, I figured I'd make a post about it! Maybe there's a food blogger tag out there and I can add that to my blog as well.

I tag whoever reads this to fill it out as well! You can answer a few questions as a comment on this post or leave a link to your tag post on your blog for me to check out :)

1. Is your hair naturally curly or straight?
Wavy, more or less. It's kind of a mess if I let it air-dry naturally - that's why it's usually up in a bun. I'm too lazy to blow it dry or tame it everyday.

2. Do you dye it yourself or go to a salon?
I've actually never dyed my hair before. Years ago my hair dresser tried purple-ish highlights, but I didn't want to bleach my hair so you couldn't even tell they were there. 

3. Do you wear the same style everyday, or do you change it?
Like I said in question one, my hair is usually up in a bun with my bangs clipped back. If I have time, I'll blow it dry and play around with it. If I'm going out I like to curl it, but most of the time I get too frustrated and just throw it up in a bun

4. Do you do your own mani/pedi or go to a salon?
I've gotten my nails done a handful of times, but I mostly see it as a waste of time and money. Painting my nails is kind of therapeutic to me, so I enjoy doing them myself.

5. How often do you change your nail polish?
Not often enough. Right now they're a pale pink color that has been mostly chipped away from nerves and from washing my hands so much at work. Tonight's agenda: fix them up.

6. Do you polish your toes in the winter or just the summer?
Pretty much just in the summer. 

7. How long does it take for you to put on makeup?
Full face of make up (foundation, eye shadow, winged liner, eyebrows, contouring, etc.) - about 30 minutes
Minimal make up (foundation, mascara, blush) - 5-10 minutes
Somewhere in between full face and minimal make up (foundation, eye shadow OR winged liner, eyebrows, blush, mascara) - about 20 minutes

8. What do you do first? Face or eyes?
Face. Always. I don't understand people who do their eye make up first.

9. Do you collect makeup or just buy what you need when you need it?
A little of both. Like, there's no reason why I need to own 4 eye shadow palettes, but I do. However, I won't go out and buy a new foundation if I still have a decent amount left in my current one. 

10. How often do you wear false eyelashes?
I've actually never worn fake eyelashes.

11. Do you do a full face of makeup everyday?
Definitely not. No way.

12. Do you wear makeup when you're home alone or with family?
It depends. If I know I'll be home alone all day, I won't bother putting on make up. Same goes for being with family - if I'm back at home and I know we'll just be hanging around the house all day or running little errands, I won't bother with make up. If it's a family party or holiday or something, I'll throw on some make up.

13. Will you leave the house without makeup?
Absolutely

14. How many high-end products do you have?
A decent amount, but not that many really, I have a rather small collection compared to most beauty bloggers. Two part time jobs can't support a full-on make up addiction :)

15. Do you plan your OOTD every night or decide when you're getting dressed?
Usually when I'm getting dressed, unless I know the night before that I'll have no time to do that the next morning.

16. How often do you change your handbag?
Very, very, VERY rarely. I have a main bag that I use all the time and a couple smaller bags that I use for when I'm going out and don't want to carry around a big bag. 

17. What time do you wake up and go to sleep?
This changes a lot depending on whether or not I have work in the morning, but I'd say for the most part I am in bed by 10:30/11pm and I'll wake up around 7:30/8am.

18. How often or when do you workout?
I'm trying to get back into the swing of things, but it's hard when you don't have a normal schedule. Tuesdays and Thursdays I'm able to go before I have class in the morning. Wednesdays I'm also able to go in the morning since I usually start work at 2pm those days. The weekends are always a toss up because I'm normally working in the morning and running errands or trying to see friends afterwards. I need to be more disciplined.

19. Left handed or right handed?
Right.

20. How tall are you?
5'5" 

21. Do you speak any foreign languages?
Not fluently at ALL, but some French and Spanish

22. How many pets do you have?
2 family dogs back at home and my own cat that lives with me. My sister also has two cats that live with her

23. How often are you on Blogger?
Lately, not enough. I go through lots of ups and downs with my posting on here. I'm trying to be better about it! I'm just busy :(

24. Do you read comments posted on blogs?
Yes! Although I barely get any.

25. Do you keep a list of products to try as you see other posts?
Sometimes! It's more of mental list and that rarely ever gets written down. I should probably start doing that, though, because I'm forgetful.

26. How did you come up with your blog name?
The link is actually the name of a Modest Mouse song and the title is a lyric from that song. It's one of my favorites :)

27. What kind of camera do you use for your photographs?
Uh... Canon PowerShot elph110 I think? I don't have it with me right now. Definitely a Canon PowerShot, though

28. How often do you clean your house?
Pretty often. I try not to let it get too bad because clutter stresses me out. 

29. What's your favorite color?
Purple 

30. Do you swear?
Yeah. I do. Sorry mom.

31. What are you doing with the rest of your day?
Class until 4:30, then I'll probably run some errands or something. 

1 comment :

  1. Great blog! I love your art reviews and can't wait to do the art museum in DC or NYC with you one day. Happy Easter!

    ReplyDelete