Tuesday, April 22, 2014

Artist Focus | Me!

Sorry today's post is up so late. I didn't have an artist in mind for today's artist focus post, so I decided to share my two most recent works with you guys. I mentioned in my first artist about Jan Ironside that she had been what really inspired me for the direction where I wanted to take my paintings, and these are the results!

The first one I did was this one:


I like it. I'm not thrilled with it, but I definitely like it. It was a good starting point to test out a technique that I was unfamiliar with. For a first go at it, I think I did pretty well. I could have achieved more texture in the flowers themselves, so that's what I'm aiming for in my paintings to come.

The next one, I just finished up today:


This one I'm REALLY proud of. The sunflowers actually lift off the page which is what I was going for.

What do you guys think? Any criticism would be helpful!

2 comments :

  1. Love, Love, Love your paintings!

    ReplyDelete
  2. First, since I totally love Georgia O'Keeffe, I totally love what you did with the flowers.
    Second, your colors are so vibrant that not only does the texture make the flowers pop off the canvas, but the colors reach out and "grab" you! When can I purchase one of your pictures?

    ReplyDelete