Tuesday, May 14, 2013

Recipe | Vegan Single Serve Chocolate Chip Mug Cake

(click the photo to go to the recipe)


Holy... oh my GOD is this cake delicious. I just stumbled upon the recipe on pinterest and, disregarding the absurd hour to eat something sweet, made it because my mom had all the ingredients on hand in the house.

THIS IS NOT MY RECIPE, but it's so delicious and fantastic that I NEED to share it with whoever reads my blog. PEOPLE NEED TO KNOW ABOUT THIS.

Also, I am not a vegan, but I do enjoy making up and trying out vegan recipes whenever I can.

Here's how I tweaked this recipe a little:

I used oat flour instead of spelt flour
For the milk, I used almond milk
I used brown sugar for both the sugar portion and the Stevia part of the recipe
I omitted the oil and just used extra almond milk instead
The applesauce I used was unsweetened
I used more chocolate chips than a normal person probably should have used...

I also suggest you microwave this closer to 2 minutes... maybe even a little longer. Maybe my measurements were a bit off (I couldn't find the tbsp measuring spoon so I used 3 tsp for every 1 tbsp called for), but my cake came out quite gooey, which was totally fine with me. There's nothing that NEEDS to be cooked (it's vegan - no eggs, no dairy, no nothin'), but if you're grossed out by the gooeyness and would rather a firmer cake, make sure you measure everything as stated and maybe don't stray from the recipe as much as I did.

No comments :

Post a Comment