Sunday, March 23, 2014

Brand Review | Tarte


I don't have a ton of Tarte products, but the products I do have, I absolutely love, and they're worthy of an entire blog post dedicated to them. Tarte is just an overall amazing brand. They're a completely cruelty-free make up brand, and on top of that, almost all of their products are vegan! If that's not enough reason to splurge on their products, maybe the rest of this post will convince you.


1. Clean Slate Poreless 12-hr Perfecting Primer

Now, I have to admit, this is not my favorite primer. The number 1 spot in terms of primers goes to a more luxurious brand, and I will reveal its identity in a future post. However, for an effective and everyday primer, this one takes the cake. It does exactly what it claims - leaves your face looking essentially poreless, and keeps your make up put for 12 hours. There were days when I'd do my make up at 6am, go through a 7 hour (or longer) work shift at the coffee shop, and then either go straight to hanging out with some friends, or over to babysit for the rest of the night. Whatever my schedule was, this primer kept my make up on through it all.


2. Amazonian Clay 12-hr Blush in Dazzled

As most of you know, I'm an E.L.F blush junkie. They're cheap, they're pigmented, they get the job done. So, for me to stray away from that path and try this brand of blushes (and stick with it) must mean it's damn good - and it IS. Tarte's blushes are incredibly pigmented and natural-looking. I have this color as well as a color that came in a palette, which I will talk about soon. Both of them naturally enhance the color in my cheeks and stay flawless all day - no touch ups needed! They're a little pricey, so I probably won't be splurging on ALL the colors any time soon, but I do plan on gradually increasing my collection.


3. Be MATTEnificent Amazonion Colored Clay Matte Eye and Cheek Palette

Chris actually bought me this palette because he's the sneakiest boyfriend to ever exist... I actually had it in my cart on tarte.com ready to purchase for myself and then he shows up with it as a gift for Valentine's Day without even knowing I wanted it for myself. He has some sort of 6th sense, or something. Anyway, I love it. I don't have any matte shadows in my collection other than my Lorac Pro Palette and the few matte shadows in my Naked Palette, so it's nice to have a few original colors that also happen to be matte. They shadows are a lot more pigmented than I thought they'd be. Fallout is virtually non-existent, which is always a plus. I don't think I need to say anything about the blush, except that it's awesome that a full-sized one came in the palette. Overall, fantastic palette. It's apparently limited edition, but I THINK it's still available at Sephora and/or Ulta. Seriously, get your hands on it while you can!


4. Amazonian Clay Waterproof Liner

I have to be honest... I've only had this for um... 3 days. BUT so far, so great. Best application I've experienced with a gel liner, ever. The application is smooth and the pigmentation is black as night. The liner dries nicely and doesn't crack throughout the day, nor does is smudge, smear, or fade. I'm still testing it out obviously, but so far I'm loving it. 

I've got a couple more products I've been eyeing, like the Amazonian Clay 12-Hour Full Coverage Foundation, the Glamazon Pure Performance 12-Hour Lipstick, and some of their Amazonian Clay Waterproof Cream Eyeshadows. Their Powderful Amazonian Clay Pressed Mineral Powder also looks awesome, but I've got to finish my Too Faced pressed powder before I can justify trying the Tarte one out.

I hope this post inspired you to go try out some of Tarte's products! If you're already a Tarte lover, I'd love to hear about some of your favorite products!

1 comment :