Wednesday, January 22, 2014

Update | Snow Day


Although snow is probably the most inconvenient form of precipitation EVER, I feel pretty relaxed today... probably because I don't have to worry about shoveling my car out of the snow for any use of it today, or tomorrow, or even Friday. I was going to put an extra day in at my internship today but the roads are pretty bad and my car doesn't exactly get along with snowy/icy conditions.

Oh yeah, it's been a while since I updated whoever the hell reads this thing- I got the internship I've been wanting! It's at a jail (relax -- it's as safe as safe can be). I started on Monday and it's really everything I was expecting/hoping for. It feels good to be in an environment that I eventually want to work in as my career.

Hmm what else... well classes started yesterday, sort of. With all the snow (10 freaking inches are you KIDDING ME?! it was 55°F last week!) my school actually closed the campus late afternoon yesterday and even today as well. I don't have classes on Wednesdays anyway, so this doesn't really feel like much of a treat. I don't have any work today, though, so I just get to hang out with Benji and binge watch The Mindy Project. Maybe I'll do some apartment cleaning. Maybe.

I don't really have a recipe for you today, I just made some toast this morning with some tasty toppings for breakfast.




One slice of toast was topped with hummus and slices of cucumber, and the other was topped with avocado and tomato chunks. Both were sprinkled with some salt, pepper, onion powder, red pepper flakes, and chia seeds. Quite a delicious start to a rather relaxing day.

I hope you guys are having a great day/week/month/year so far!

xoxo
Sam

No comments :

Post a Comment